Knowledge Is Free Scholarship Programme
For Scholars, By Scholars.
Knowledge Is Free Scholarship Programme is a flagship initiative launched by ProjectEd with the huge vision of empowering underprivileged students to pursue their tertiary education dreams.
Humbled as the first and only student-led scholarship fund in Malaysia, we are comprised of students who aspire to contribute back to Malaysia education. We contribute RM 45 monthly from our personal allowance to the scholarship fund, hoping to empower the next generation of leaders in Malaysia.
We are actively seeking for highly-potential students from underprivileged backgrounds (total household income less than RM 5000) who are craving for knowledge and demonstrating unique talents & qualities.
For more updates on the scholarship, please check out our social media pages.
Interested to be a contributor?
Fill up this form & we will be in touch with you soon.
Field Of Studies:
We believe everyone deserves a chance for free education through our scholarships. Therefore, we welcome students from all academic backgrounds to apply for the scholarship. Below are the examples of courses that past applicants studied.
Business including but not limited to:
- International Business
- Mass Communication
- Actuarial Sciences, etc
Engineering including but not limited to:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering, etc
Life Sciences including but not limited to:
- Biomedical Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Anatomy, etc
Social Sciences including but not limited to:
- Political Science
- Linguistics, etc
Pure Sciences including but not limited to:
- Astronomy, etc
Information Technology including but not limited to:
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Software Engineering, etc
Other Disciplines/ Courses
- Non-traditional/ niche-area courses that are critical to the development of the nation.
- Obtained admission to pursue studies (conditional offer can be considered) or currently in the Foundation programme at any of the local public universities approved by ProjectEd.
- Obtained a minimum of 5As (combination of A+, A and A-) in the recent SPM examination or at least 5As in the recent IGCSE.
- Malaysian citizens who are 18 years of age or below at the enrolment date for the foundation studies.
- Obtained admission to pursue studies (conditional offer can be considered) or currently in any year of a Bachelor’s Degree programme at any of the local public universities approved by ProjectEd.
- Obtained a minimum of 2As for STPM; or 2As for GCE A-Level Programme; or CGPA 3.00/ 4.00 for Pre-university or Diploma or Foundation or Matriculation Programme; or 30 points for International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme AND a minimum of 3.00/4.00 for those who are currently in any year of a Bachelor’s Degree Programme at any of the local public universities approved by ProjectEd.
- Malaysian citizens who are 21 years of age or below at the enrolment date for the Bachelor’s Degree Programme.
Approved List of Universities:
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- University Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNiSZA)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris UPSI)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
If you are scholar who is hungry for knowledge, applying for the KIF Scholarship Programme makes perfect sense. Apart from receiving a partial tuition-fee scholarship to study at premier local universities, the Knowledge Is Free Scholarship Programme offers you other advantages for further growth and development through leadership conferences and community services.
Knowledge Is Free Scholarship Programme is looking for outstanding candidates who are craving for knowledge and demonstrating unique talents and qualities.
We are providing THREE scholarships for outstanding students this year. However, the number varies depending on the suitability of the candidates each year.
The total amount of scholarship is RM 4,500 which is divided into RM 1,000 per semester (4 semesters) and RM 500 for academic-related materials. Besides, you will have the opportunity to participate in various leadership conferences throughout and beyond the years.
Please refer to the approved list of universities.
Yes, it is part of the selection process.
Knowledge Is Free Scholarship Programme is a need-based scholarship which prioritises applicants from household income per month RM5,000 or less.
As this is a premier scholarship programme for the best scholars to study in the most excellent academic environments, we expect our scholars to perform at the highest level throughout the duration of their study. Scholars must satisfy all courseworks, examinations and/or dissertation requirements.
Recipients of Knowledge Is Free Scholarship will NOT be bonded with ProjectEd. However, our scholars are required to actively involve in at least TWO community services per year during the years of study. Besides, our scholars are always encouraged to volunteer with ProjectEd.
You are encourage to apply for Knowledge Is Free Scholarship Programme. Since this is a need-based scholarship, therefore, we prioritise applicants who are most in need of financial assistance.
Should you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com
- Kai Ling
- Nur Hikmat
- Nor Aina
00:00 am, 7th July 2019
11:59 pm, 8th Aug 2019
Allocated Funds For Scholars
RM 4, 500 Per Student
Number Of Scholars
3 Or More
SHARE THIS SCHOLARSHIP